About the Firm
Established Personal Injury and Trial Attorney Serves Clients Eastern Nebraska and throughout the state.
Lifelong Omaha resident pursues justice through civil litigation
Injuries can have a disruptive and even devastating impact on your life. When you are in pain and unable to work, the bills pile up and your future becomes cloudy. That’s when it’s time to call the Law Office of Matthew A. Lathrop, PC, LLO. I founded my law firm in 2007 to help injured clients obtain the compensation and benefits they deserve. An injury should not cause undue financial hardship. I draw on more than 25 years of legal knowledge and experience to hold negligent parties accountable and deliver the best results possible for you and your family.
Skilled litigation attorney provides complete solutions for injured parties
Having my own office allows me to practice law the way I believe it should be done: with personal attention so you can have peace of mind throughout the legal process, and with a deep commitment to producing a favorable outcome. When you visit my office for a free consultation, you’ll discover I am:
- Dedicated — My practice is focused on securing justice for people who have suffered serious injuries and economic losses. My sincere concern for my clients motivates me to go above and beyond what is required to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Experienced — In more than 25 years of practice, I have handled a multitude of cases, many involving severe injuries, high damage awards, and complex issues of law.
- Professional — I have always tried to conduct my practice in a manner that reflects well on my firm and my clients, and colleagues have recognized those efforts: I am AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for my high ethical standards and professional ability.
People in the greater Omaha community know that I am engaged in a variety of civic organizations and activities, because I believe each of us is responsible for making our town, our state, and our nation a better place. I also live that belief through my law practice by working diligently for justice in every case I undertake.
Areas of Practice
Omaha civil litigation attorney focuses on results
An attorney has two great duties: to serve the client’s interests passionately and to adhere to the code of legal ethics. As your attorney, I vigorously advocate for your rights, fighting to optimize the results in your case. I also conduct myself honorably, dealing honestly and candidly with you throughout the process. Cases I manage are generally related to:
- Personal injury — In my personal injury practice, I represent parties who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents, including car, truck, and motorcycle accidents, throughout Douglas County. I handle slip and fall accident cases whether they occur on private or public property. I also represent dog bite victims and people injured by amusement park rides.
- Workers' compensation — If you have suffered an on-the-job injury but are having difficulty accessing workers’ compensation benefits, I can help you appeal denials of benefits, get a second opinion on a treatment plan, appeal a disability rating, or negotiate a disability settlement.
- Trial Lawyer— As a highly skilled trial lawyer, I represent clients in a variety of legal disputes arising from business and consumer contracts, insurance policies, construction defects, property damage, and other types of civil claims.
I accept most plaintiff cases on a contingency fee basis, so I charge no upfront attorney fees: you only pay after you obtain compensation through a jury verdict or settlement.
Contact a determined and reliable civil litigation attorney in Omaha
If you have suffered an injury, the Law Office of Matthew A. Lathrop, PC, LLO can help you recover personal injury damages or workers’ compensation benefits. To schedule a free consultation, call 402-590-5439 or contact my Omaha office online
. My office is conveniently located at 14301 FNB Parkway, off the interchange of N. 144th Street and U.S. 6 and just north of Boys Town.