Age of Users
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have inadvertently and without authorization obtained any information from a child under 13, please contact us.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see “Your California Privacy Rights” below for more information.
Personal Information Collected
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or purchasing our products or services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest, promotion, or sweepstakes sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us, such as when you request support, contact us with questions or feedback, complete our surveys, engage with us on social media or otherwise interact with us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your submission of stories to us about your experiences with the Firm and its products and services.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about services, products, activities, events, and publications.
Automatic Information Collected
Like most website operators and social media, we collect certain information automatically, without your input, of the sort that web browsers and servers and social media typically make available, such as your internet connection, operating system, browser type, language preference, referring site or source, location data, and other usage details. Our purpose in collecting this automatic information is to better understand how our visitors use the Website and social media. This information, and information about internet IP and social media, as well as the date and time web pages are visited, are stored in various security and traffic logs. Our service provider reviews these logs, using statistical analysis, in an effort to track and predict traffic patterns and estimate resource needs. Unless we are tracking down a technical problem or we suspect either fraudulent behavior or illegal conduct, we do not trace specific user sessions. We may also track precise geolocation data, such as location-based information, when you allow our Website to access your location.
Our Website uses browser cookies, session identifiers, and browser detection technology to provide consumers with a more pleasant, personalized online experience. Many browsers provide consumers with the ability to disable some or all of these technologies. Disabling them may prevent you from viewing some webpages. Cookies we use do not place any personally identifiable information on your computer.
Information Collected from Other Sources
Information Collected from Third Party Platforms
Third-Party Use of Supplemental Technologies
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Personal Information Use
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To service your account.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To respond to your requests, resolve disputes, and/or troubleshoot problems.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
If you submit an order through our Website, you will receive an email confirmation from our system. As your order status changes, you may also receive notifications via email. These notifications are considered part of our service and may not be disabled. We may also periodically send you email or social media notifications concerning products or services and newsletters. Any such notification will include instructions for opting out of future mailings.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- With your consent.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Firm, our customers, or others.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties to whom we disclose information provided by you are obligated to protect your information on our behalf. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party advertisers or for any other web sites reached through links from our Website.
We will not sell or trade your information to unrelated third parties without your consent.
You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of personal information you provide to us when registering to receive communications from us or making purchases through the Website. We use the information you provide when registering on our Website to send you promotional emails and for no other purposes. After registering, you are responsible for updating your contact information as needed.
Confidentiality and Security
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is protected. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
This Website may send you e-newsletters and notifications via email or social media in order to communicate with you and service your account. These communications are considered part of our service and may not be disabled. We will send the email, but we cannot guarantee delivery. You are responsible for providing a valid email address and for updating it when your address changes.
Your Rights; Contact
If you do not want to have your contact information used by us to promote third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us below. If you no do not want us to retain information about your minor child beyond a certain date or if you do not want us to use information of your minor child, please so advise us by contacting us at the address indicated below. You may also contact us at the address indicated below to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see “Your California Privacy Rights” for more information.
Please direct all privacy-related questions and concerns to the following address:
Abbie J. Lira, MBA, MSHRM
Attn: Chief Operating Officer
Law Office of Matthew A. Lathrop, PC, LLO
14301 FNB Parkway, Suite 100
Omaha, NE 68154
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://www.lathroplawomaha.com/library/privacy-notice-for-california-residents.cfm.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write or email to us at the address indicated above.
Copyright © 2021 Matthew A. Lathrop, PC, LLO. All rights reserved.
4829-3449-4177, v. 1