If you’re hurt in a motorcycle accident, your first priority is to focus on healing. Yet, during that time, you may begin to worry about the increasing medical costs and your time off from work. These concerns can be so significant that you are unsure what your next move should be.
Hiring a motorcycle accident attorney may be a good decision for most people who have significant losses due to the incident. It is also very important to consider the benefits of using an Iowa motorcycle attorney if you know someone else was responsible for your losses. In these situations, an attorney may be able to help alleviate many of your concerns and ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of your rights, potential compensation, and losses.
Why Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Consider some of the common benefits motorcycle accident victims have when they turn to an attorney for legal support.
- You don’t have to wonder. When you hire an attorney, they will work for you to determine if someone else is responsible and, if so, if they are legally liable for the losses you’ve suffered. Often, victims don’t realize their insurance company isn’t going to cover all of their losses. A free consultation may give you some insight into whether you have a case.
- You aren’t alone in gathering evidence. Your motorcycle accident attorney will work closely with you to understand what occurred and then work to secure evidence in your accident case. This could include witness statements, video footage, and expert testimony. This may help you better demonstrate that you were not at fault.
- Learn what all of your losses are. It is not uncommon for victims to be unsure of what they’ve suffered. This includes accounting for all possible losses such as lost time at work, immediate- and long-term rehabilitation and medical costs, pain and suffering claims, and more.
- You don’t have to negotiate with the insurer. The insurance adjuster in every situation is working for their client, not you as the victim. When you have an attorney representing you, they will speak to the adjuster and reduce the risk of the insurer manipulating the situation and leaving you out of the financial recovery owed to you.
- Protect your legal rights. After an accident like this, having an attorney by your side to protect your rights is key. That includes ensuring you don’t make mistakes, like missing the two-year deadline to file a claim or making a misstatement that leads to blame-shifting.
In many ways, an accident attorney in Iowa can preserve your case and ensure you have the best possible outcome no matter what you are up against. Most importantly, you know that someone is fighting to support you, specifically, and ensure you receive the compensation owed to you.
Why Choose The Law Office of Matthew A. Lathrop, PC, LLC to Help You?
At The Law Office of Matthew A. Lathrop, PC, LLC, you receive comprehensive support and guidance throughout your case. With years of experience, you can count on our team to help answer all of your questions and guide you towards receiving the largest recovery of losses possible in your situation. We will work with insurance companies to settle with you fairly, or we will head to court and help you to prove your right to compensation.
Take the time to look at our case results. Get to know our attorney and associates, who will provide you with compassion and understanding throughout this process. At the same time, you’ll receive aggressive legal protection that protects your rights. We’re confident we can help you learn if you have a case and to take the next steps.
At the Law Office of Matthew A. Lathrop, PC, LLC, we guide you every step of the process of helping you to receive a settlement for your losses. Let our hands-on, trusted attorney and dedicated team help you find out if you should pursue a lawsuit or get the insurer to settle for more. Call us at 402-281-9668 or use our online contact form to schedule your free consultation to discuss your case today.