After a motorcycle accident, your goal should be to focus on recovery. Your motorcycle accident attorney can work closely with you to ensure your claim and settlement are in line. Before choosing just any attorney, however, there are a few key things you should look for to ensure you hire a pro who is going to work hard to represent you.
Can the Attorney Overcome Bias?
The motorcycle attorney you hire needs to overcome the bias many people have against motorcycle riders. There is a common belief that motorcycle riders are careless or cause their own risks. The attorney you choose needs to recognize bias and work to overcome it by showing that you are not at fault for your claim. Your attorney can use evidence and their experience to achieve this.
Does the Lawyer Have Experience Negotiating With Insurers?
Another essential factor is the lawyer’s ability to work through insurance adjusters to accomplish your goal. That’s to ensure you get the compensation owed to you. Much of this success comes from experience in:
- Talking to insurance adjusters
- Using evidence to prove your claim
- Gathering resources to show what you deserve
- Working with you to prove medical injuries
- Applying the right amount of pressure and persistence
How Does the Nebraska Lawyer Prepare for Your Case?
Put your trust in an attorney who works hard to prepare for trial. That includes:
- Testing out any evidence in the case
- Gathering and verifying testimony from involved parties
- Utilizing medical records as a tool for proof
- Utilizing potential exhibits to demonstrate what happened
- Capturing the support of focus groups
Schedule a Free Consultation to Learn More
Your best first step is to reach out to a motorcycle attorney in Nebraska to start asking questions. Do this at the free consultation we offer. Discuss your case openly, learn what your rights are, and find out how you can get the settlement owed to you.
At the Law Office of Matthew A. Lathrop, PC, LLO, our team is here to support you after a motorcycle accident. Call us for an appointment with our Nebraska motorcycle accident attorney.