Making the right decisions after a motorcycle accident is critical in protecting your right to compensation for your losses. Yet, simple mistakes can leave you struggling to get the help you need. Your motorcycle accident attorney can help you, but in the meantime, you need to know what steps to take to minimize risks to your claim.
Don’t Make These Mistakes
Some mistakes are quite damaging to your ability to file a claim or to receive compensation for your losses. This includes:
- Admitting fault. Never tell anyone you had any fault in the accident. Only provide facts and not speculation about what occurred.
- Failing to call the police. Make this a priority before leaving the scene. Complete a police report as well.
- Refusing medical help. Even if you think you are okay, go to the emergency room to make sure of it. This serves as documentation of injuries as well.
- Not gathering evidence. Make sure you speak to people at the scene of the accident. Get their contact information. If safe to do so, take photos of what happened, too.
- Not calling your insurance agent. Make sure you report what happened to your insurance company. They need to know as soon as something occurs.
- Not calling your attorney. Your motorcycle accident attorney in Nebraska ensures you don’t say the wrong thing to limit your compensation. Don’t put off having your attorney help you right from the beginning of the process.
Get the Help You Need
Proving your case in a motorcycle accident claim means showing someone else was responsible. You want to do all you can to ensure you have sufficient evidence to back up your claims. Your accident attorney in Nebraska can help you to do this.
At the Law Office of Matthew A. Lathrop, PC, LLO, we work with people facing a wide range of complications from motorcycle accidents. Let us help you avoid mistakes when filing your claim. Call us to schedule an appointment for a free consultation.