How often do car accidents happen in Nebraska? Many people don’t recognize just how at risk they are when they get on I-80 or travel along I-280. If you are in an accident caused by another person, work closely with our Nebraska car accident attorney to ensure you receive the compensation owed to you.
Nebraska Car Accident Fast Facts
Take a look at some of the Nebraska car accident statistics, as reported by the Nebraska Department of Transportation for 2019.
- 17,198 people were injured, and 248 were killed in car accidents.
- A total of 36,706 car crashes occurred in the state.
- 426 motorcycle accidents occurred in the state, resulting in 24 deaths.
- 24 percent of all fatal crashes involved alcohol.
- There were 342 pedestrian crashes in the state with 20 fatalities.
- 134 of the car accidents occurring in the state were due to mobile phone distraction, resulting in 54 injuries. Another 669 crashes occurred due to other types of distractions, resulting in 6 fatalities and 250 injuries.
Common Causes of Nebraska Car Accidents
Some of the most common causes of Nebraska car accidents include:
- Driving too fast for road conditions
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued or tired drivers
- Unsafe lane changes or not obeying traffic rules
- Swerving to avoid something
- Following too closely
After an Accident, You Need Experienced Representation
If you’ve been in a car accident or lost a loved one in one, your life has changed. If the other driver is responsible, you may be owed compensation for your losses. Work closely with a personal injury attorney in Omaha to get the legal support and guidance you need to protect your right to compensation.
The Law Office of Matthew A. Lathrop, PC, LLO provides guidance and support if you’ve been in an accident. Schedule a free, no-risk consultation to talk about what’s happened to you.