A motorcycle rider struck from behind may suffer numerous injuries and other losses. Working with a motorcycle accident attorney may be the best way to protect your rights in an instance like this. You shouldn’t be forced to bear the burden of the at-fault driver’s negligence.
Common Injuries in Rear-End Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcycle riders are at a disadvantage when struck by a larger, heavier vehicle because of their lack of protection. The impact from a rear-end collision often strikes the back tire, causing it to come off the ground and sometimes throwing the rider from their bike. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Head injuries
- Rib fractures
- Lacerations to skin, tissue, and muscle
- Abdominal injuries, including internal bleeding
- Pelvic fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Road rash damage
What Should You Do After a Rear-End Crash to Protect Your Potential Recovery?
After a rear-end accident, call 911 or visit an emergency room. Some of the injuries this type of accident can create, such as whiplash, internal organ damage, and head injuries, may be hard to notice initially. After you’ve visited the ER, consider:
- Gathering documentation from any available witnesses about what occurred
- Filing a complete police report if this has not already been completed
- Calling an Omaha motorcycle attorney for immediate help
- Avoiding social media photos or communications about your case
- Refraining from talking to an insurance company without your attorney present
Hire a Motorcycle Accident Attorney for Immediate Help
Don’t assume you have an easy case because someone hit you from behind. It is not uncommon for numerous defense strategies to apply to this type of accident. You still need to prove liability. That’s why having a trusted attorney is critical. It helps prevent mistakes and ensures you receive the compensation owed to you.
At the Law Office of Matthew A. Lathrop, PC, LLO, we recognize just how devastating a rear-end accident can be. Let our Omaha motorcycle accident attorney provide you with support and guidance to ensure your rights remain protected. Call our team for an appointment.