After a motorcycle accident, you’re scared and unsure of what to do. That’s why it’s so important to work closely with a motorcycle accident attorney who can help you make the best decisions possible.
What to Do at the Scene of the Accident
After calling for medical help and requesting the police to arrive, your next step is to move away from danger. Get out of the street to a safe place.
Some steps you can take to protect your claim for compensation include:
- Take photos of the scene, if it’s safe to do so. Use your phone to capture video as well.
- Get witness information, including phone numbers, names, and statements.
- Document details you remember, such as what the other driver was doing at the time of the accident.
- Never admit you did anything wrong. If you’re unsure of your fault in the case, don’t lie, but also don’t provide those details.
What to Do After the Accident
Once you’ve received medical care, you still need to take some steps to file a claim. These include:
- Contact your own insurance company. Provide some details about what happened. Don’t agree to any settlement.
- Document all of the medical care you receive and any expenses you incur as a result of the accident. That includes lost time at work.
- Contact your personal injury attorney for guidance on your next steps. Let us handle the claims process.
Put Your Nebraska Motorcycle Lawyer to Work for You
Focus on your health and recovery. Let your Nebraska motorcycle attorney handle your claim for compensation.
Contacting the Law Office of Matthew A. Lathrop, PC, LLC should be one of the first calls you make after a motorcycle crash. Our dedicated team is here to support you. We will carefully investigate your claim, document your damages, and negotiate for the highest possible compensation. Call us now for help.